Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Filter Actual hours over Planned

Level 2
HI, I'm sure this as been asked, I did search but did not find what I was looking for. I have a report/view that shows Actual Over Planned Hours, happy with what I get but I want to filter on records that the Actual is greater than planned This filter will give you actual hours over 3 actualWork=3H actualWork_Mod=gt I thought it would be as simple as actualWork={ workRequired } actualWork_Mod=gt That does not work, noting that actual work is a double and work required is an integer, I tried actualWork Required which is an integer as well actualWork Required ={ workRequired } actualWork Required _Mod=gt That completely locked up the report, I had to edit the filter in admin mode. tia Dean Holmes - IO Integration IO Integration
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
I have played a little bit more with this. Text mode actualWork=FIELD:work actualWork_Mod=gt Screen shot of what that looks like in the gui. Looks correct yet I get no results when I have task that have ran over hours. Thanks Dean Dean Holmes - IO Integration IO Integration

Level 8
Try this: actualWorkRequired=FIELD:workRequired actualWorkRequired_Mod=gt

Level 10
Hi Dean, Similar to Adina's... actualWorkRequired=FIELD:plannedWorkRequired actualWorkRequired_Mod=gt Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thank you Adina & Doug [SOLVED] I had tried actualWork with work, workRequired and neither had worked but I had not tried actualWorkRequired. Adina suggestion worked, thanks: actualWorkRequired=FIELD:workRequired actualWorkRequired_Mod=gt Doug, fyi. There is no plannedWorkRequired that I can find in the api, when I tried this, I got an error and lost the filter toolbar to reset, I had to go in setup as admin and reset the filter through the interfaces. Thanks for you input Dean Holmes - IO Integration IO Integration

Level 10
Glad you got it, Dean. My erroneous plannedWorkRequired syntax came from a tip I'd saved years ago. Since it failed, though, I suspect it was since renamed to workRequired. Sorry about that, but I'm glad Adina knew the correct term: duly noted. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads