Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

File size limit on email queue requests

Level 10
Hi All, Does anyone know the file size limit for requests that come in via the email (POP) queue? I have a User that says if the file attached to the email is too large, WF just doesn't bring it in. So there's a request that's been stripped of its attachment. I searched and couldn't find any kind limit in the Help and Discussions. Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Alejandro PMP, CSM Denver Board of Water Commissioners
6 Replies

Level 7
Hey Vic, Anything email based has a 5MB limit. Thanks! =) Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hey Dustin, Are you sure about that limit of 5MB? My people said they had successful files larger than that. In fact, they ran some tests afterwards and are finding the magic number to be around 12MB. They can't find a file that's exactly 12MB. But here's what they found: 6.6 MB PDF worked 10.5 MB PDF worked 12.8 MB PDF failed 16.6 MB PDF failed 14.3 MB PDF failed

Level 3
Hi Vic, How large is the file you are trying load? I don't believe there is a size limit. I have uploaded some really large files including 4K videos which are huge. I haven't run into any issues with the exception of, if it is extremely large you have to let it load...slowly (patience, patience....) and it may take up to a few minutes but it eventually loads. But you can't navigate away from that page until it loads fully otherwise it will not load. You have to open up a new browser window to keep working while it loads. A work around, which I have some people do just because of the time factor of loading if its really large and they don't any patience, is to upload to something like WeTransfer, Box or something else and then just copy the link into the update field or in your case in the request. Hope that helps. Christine Fecik Creative Traffic Manager Workfront System Admin Elekta

Level 10
Hi Christine, Thanks. It's important to note that this isn't just an upload via the Documents tab. This scenario is when submitting a request to a WF queue via email. We have a few queues setup this way with this one being our Printshop which can have large files. So there's not one particular file we're worried about. It's anything that is submitted. The behavior is the Workfront Request is created via the email as expected but the file attached in the email just doesn't make it to the WF Request. So they have to go find these somehow and we're looking for the cutoff point to be able to know when to go search for a document. Again based on our tests it looks like 12mb but I'd like WF to confirm (I can't find it documented anywhere). Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 7
Hmm interesting, it might have changed throughout the years, I'd recommend submitting a support request so we can get our SME (we call them product verticals) to reach out to the Communications development team to confirm via looking at the code. Thanks! Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront