Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Extracting Users to a Portfolio Report

Level 3
I'm struggling with pulling a report and thought I'd see if anyone out here can help. I have project owners who are the one's creating projects and assigning tasks. Problem is, they need to know who to assign the task to, based on the specific campaign. I've created a custom form that contains all of our portfolio (we call campaign) names and have attached this to certain people's user profiles. I'm trying to extract them so that I can view a portfolio (campaign) by everyone associated with it. It's not working and I'm spending way too much time on this report. Anyone else looking for a similar resolution? Please let me know and thanks!! Warm regards, --- Jennifer Franz Sae International
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jennifer, So you created a User Custom Form and attached it to certain User Profiles? And you created a User Report, and added those fields? If so, what is happening?

Level 3
I knew I would screw up the communication on that Vic. Thanks for reaching out! It's pulling all users into the report. I'm not sure how to single out each user and campaign. (We have about 40 campaigns with 8 people on the teams, minimum. It's pulling in all users.) I feel like the data is within my reach, but I'm doing something wrong for it to not populate accurately. Jennifer Franz Sae International

Level 10
Hi Jennifer, No worries. You'll want to add Filters to the Report to get it to only show the one's you want. In this example, I think you want to Filter by Category > Name and enter the Form name you're using. Custom Form Name = Category Name in WF. Or you can use Categor ies > Name. It's the same thing except it'll search for all Forms attached to the User (instead of just the top one) (in case you have multiple forms attached). Then for the Campaign it depends on how you want to do it and how you created that field. You can either just show the Campaign field in your view or you can group by it. But if you Group by it, the Grouping will only show for the top Campaign (assuming each person has multiple campaigns they're on). I would just show it in your View. You would also be able to create a report for Each Campaign if you wanted. Just apply the filter to the Campaign(s) you want to see (or want them to see). Let me know if I'm on the right track.