Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Export feature in New Resource Planner

Level 3
Hello Is there a way to export just Project data from the New Resource Planner without the role & user data? Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
No, and I would also love to be able to do this with the User view....i.e. just export the top summarised line per resource. I've mentioned this to Product Management but not sure if they will implement this or not. Please provide your feedback to them if you want this too. David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi folks, That's a great suggestion and something we plan to do. With 18.3 we will allow to select duration for the exported file and the next step after that will be to allow to select the level of granularity for the exported file. No ETA on availability yet, but it's definitely on our radar. Thanks, Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Good to hear @Vazgen Babayan - I actually just found out in Preview that when I try to export a user view for 24 months, it hits the 30000 row limit very early in the list of users...I only get users down to the start of the letter E. To get all users exported I have to limit it to 12 months and not include too many historical months where the bulk of our data is. My goal would be to just get the high level totals for users over say 24 or 36 months...presumably this should be possible for us once you make the change to control the level of detail exported? Cheers David Cornwell

Level 10
That will solve that problem, yes :) Until then, filtering the projects will probably be the best option to avoid reaching the limit. With Beta 5 we will provide additional filter functionality to allow for more control over the projects loaded in the view and the exported file. Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront