Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Explaining the request types with a text or an image instead of the standard Bobsleigh image.

Level 1

Hello,

we are currently thinking of explaining how to choose the right request type to help the users to make their "right" choice. We have the possibility to enter a description for each request type, which can be seen after having chosen one of the option in the drop-down list, but it's not ideal.

Is there any possibility to replace the bobsleigh image (see screenshot) by a text or an own image?

This would be very helpful. Any idea?

Sébastien

0694X00000HD0KYQA1.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Workfront provides the ability to place a custom dashboard as a "custom section". Have you considered making a dashboard of instructions or helpful links and placing them at the /requests level (same page as the New Request button) instead of on this page?

Oooh! Best answer, Skye!

I was going to suggest Sébastien create a Project with one Task per such request queue (indented, if he likes, to mimic the Queue Topics and help folks find them) with an meaningful image in the URL of each such Task and a calculated URL that would then open the correct Request submission, then assemble it all in a Task Report he could share on a top-level dashboard as a landing page....

....but that seemed kinda complicated. I prefer your suggestion.

Regards,

Doug

Level 1

Many thanks for your Input Skye and Doug. Both contributions are very helpful. I will investigate these possibilities and actually, I also understand that I can have a completely separated landing page outside workfront, let's say in Sharepoint for example, where I can describe the requests type the way I want and put the direct link that I can grab with the "Share Path" button. Right? This enlarges the scope of possibilities.

Thanks again

Sébastien

Community Advisor

yes correct. Although please test the link functionality in your external page before putting a lot of effort into it. Good luck!

It sure does Sébastien!

When testing (as Skye mentioned), be sure that everything included on the landing page is drawn from "https" (vs "http") sources, since Workfront will only render the external page linked if everything on that page comes from an encrypted, secure source. I've seen cases where a single icon that was not secure prevented the page from then rendering.

Regards,

Doug