Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exclude Closed Tasks in Report

Level 2

Is there a way to add a filter to the existing "My Current Tasks" report that will remove tasks to which which multiple users are assigned, but I have completed my portion of the task. 
For example, there are 4 users assigned to a task, and all but one of them has marked their tasks as complete. Regardless, the task still shows up in their "current tasks" report. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I dig some digging and looks like others have posted about this in the past. It seems the solve was to create an Assignment report instead of a Task report and still use $$USER.ID to weed out those you're done with your part (with status filter(s) of course). Have you given that a shot? Curious if that works for you.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Is your report set up with $$USER.ID wildcard?

Level 2

Yes. I also tried by just doing Task Assigned to User Name = and Task Assigned User ID =, but they all yield the same result

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I dig some digging and looks like others have posted about this in the past. It seems the solve was to create an Assignment report instead of a Task report and still use $$USER.ID to weed out those you're done with your part (with status filter(s) of course). Have you given that a shot? Curious if that works for you.

Community Advisor

I also just created an Idea for this to  upvote! https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/filter-out-completed-done-with-my-p...

Level 2

Just tried and got the same results. You'll see that the user "AC" is making it show up in the reports for all users assigned to that task. Very frustratingScreenshot 2023-05-01 at 5.43.53 PM.png

Community Advisor

Hi there, I found this other text mode, see if this works!

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/quick-tip-create-a-filter-to-no...

Community Advisor

I recommend (like Madalyn) you transfer over to using an assignment report rather than a task report. The assignment report allows you to filter on specific assignments where the assignment's status is not "Done" and the assigned to ID = your wildcard. It's not possible to pull a specific assignment status from a task report using the wysiwyg (standard) mode otherwise.

If determined to stay with task report, the following text mode is one option that might work for you -- provided your other filters are not too many/complicated. In summary, the codeblock says "hey, look at all the assignments on each task and if it's assigned to the user, AND the user is not done, let me know"

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:status=DN
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

You'll add this codeblock to your existing task report filters by changing the filter section over to text mode, and inserting this text at the end of the code that you see. If you see any lines prefaced with "OR:1:" (etc.), you're seeing complication, and you can try adding a second copy of the codeblock above and preface the lines with OR:1: as well. (This stuff kind of slows down your report and eventually you'll reach a limit and the report will error out on you) 

I hope it's pretty clear to you that your pre-existing task filters are things like "I'm only interested in tasks that are not complete, and only if the project status is active" -- these filters are pretty standard and easy to set up with the standard mode, so you should always set them up first before pushing on with the text mode that people give you.

To read up on EXISTS statements, including how to tell when you need to create one, use this link:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/create-complex-t...