Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Embedding Request Forms in Dashboards

Level 10

I guess it's just one of those things that was there all along and it never occurred to me that I could do it. In my environment, I routinely build "solutions" for teams to enter their requests through the "Requests" path. Then they move on to their own custom dashboard to manage the "self-entered" issues.

By embedding the form right in the dashboard, they can simply log a request then click the "Submit Another" button. A "refresh" of the dashboard data will then pull in all the submitted issues. I think it's very clean, functional, and brings tools together for users. In fact, as I build out my Center of Excellence presence in Workfront and move to retire my Intranet SharePoint site, I thought it made sense to apply this embedded request as seen below.

Anyhow, if this interests you, here's the "How To Embed a Request Form in a Dashboard".0690z000008K91iAAC.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Gorgeous, Naryan,

And conextually, each user can then see (only) the Request Queues to which they have access.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

You got me thinking, Narayan...

Until today, I pictured using this URL technique from outside of Workfront; but your Dashboard shows how usedul they can be from within, too, for workflow.

So, in addition to embedding a Direct Access URL in a specific Workfront Dashboard (offering "just" what they can request), you could also embed the Embed Code in a more generic Workfront Workfront Dashboard (allowing them to "choose" what they decide to request).

New tricks for this old dog to consider next year.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10
Doug, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it got you thinking. I'm also looking forward to 2019 and the possibilities!

Level 4

Thank you for sharing Narayan! I think this is extremely useful. I am going to brainstorm how we can apply this internally at Equifax. I think this is very powerful.

Level 7

Hey Narayana...

I know this is an older post, but it is very close to what we are trying to accomplish. We recently decided to try this out after seeing it in use at another company. I have the dash set up and embedded into the project layout, so it shows on every project. The question I have is, can we have the requests submitted through the dashboard go to the project's issue tab, rather than the queue project's issue tab. I want to be able to submit issues to the live project using the request form without having to manually create an issue, save it, then open it back up and add the form.

Level 4

This link above "How To Embed a Request Form in a Dashboard" is not working.  Do you have a link that works for this?