Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Email about Whitelist IP changes.

Level 1
Where can we go to validate an email from noreply@workfront.com. Subj: Action Needed If You Are Using Whitelist IP Blocks Thanks, John John Bryant Fort Knox Federal Credit Union
4 Replies

Level 4
John wins the anti-phishing gold star for the year! I validated it by looking at the Announcements area in Workfront (if you are an admin, click on the numbers next to the profile icon at the top right once you are logged in and click on the View All Announcements). Now, all that does is prove that it was sent from Workfront's system (which in theory could have been compromised itself) but if they got that far they have the keys to the kingdom anyway. I also ignored the request long enough that I assumed any breach would have been discovered and communicated. I don't know if they have it posted anywhere in their Support Portal as well but that would be good to know. As a side note, John should be commended for his level of diligence and it should teach a valuable lesson to everyone NOT to trust an e-mail, even from something that looks right, implicitly without performing some due diligence. I always verify that messages like this show up in the Announcements area as well to guard against phishing, as should every Admin here. Great job John! Jason Maust McGuireWoods LLP

Level 1
John, Thank you for your diligence here in making sure this is a legitimate announcement. My name is Josh here in Tier 2 Support here at Workfront and I can confirm that the email/announcement you received about us changing our Whitelist IP's is a legitimate one. So please feel free to change over to the new IP address' and this will help you going forward. Please let us know if you have any other questions about this. Thanks Joshua Slagowski Workfront

Level 1
Thanks Joshua. My post was actually not worded correctly but everyone seemed to get the point. In previous lives when an email came out from a software vendor they would have a place for anyone to go to and verify it was a legit email without having to post or call. I see notifications would have that but in this case the network group would want to verify so I was thinking about someone without access to workfront that could validate legit emails. I really do appreciate the feedback tho, thank you. John Bryant Fort Knox Federal Credit Union

Level 1
Thanks Jason. John Bryant Fort Knox Federal Credit Union