Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Duplicate notifications for proof comments?

Level 7

I'm guessing this is an easy one, but don't have the bandwidth to dig in. Hoping someone has a quick easy answer...

When I generate a proof and someone comments on it, I get 2 notifications. One looks like it is from the reviewer and the other looks like it came from Workfront. It has the same content, but the emails are generated differently and look different. One will come with a subject header that says "User posted an update to your document." The other one has a subject of "New Comment:"

Obviously only need one notification, not both.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Leah,

When someone comments on a proof, a duplicate comment is added to the Updates tab for that document.

I'm guessing your proof email alerts are set to All Activities, plus within Workfront, your notifications are set to send you a notification each time someone comments on a document you own or one of your work items, or something along that line.

Level 7

Thank you so much! So I am assuming I should probably delete the proof email alerts and maybe just rely on the document notifications.

Community Advisor

If there are other comments posted on your documents that you still want to know about as they happen, then altering your proof email alerts is probably the way to go. There are a variety of options there depending on your role and what you want to be notified of.

For our project managers, they generally use either decisions or final decision so they know when our business partners are done reviewing the proof and they go in and review all the comments at once.

For our execution team, we generally disable their notifications and they rely on a new task if they need to go into the proof to see any edits that need to be made.