Expand my Community achievements bar.

Doing 2 filters against one field - I can't do it

Level 7
I tried to do a report that shows the Users that are not assigned to the Default Schedule and no schedule at all. If I filter where Default Schedule ID is not blank AND Default Schedule is not equal to "Default Schedule" It removes one of the filters. It does the same thing when I tried to force it in text mode. Is there a way to do this? (this is NOT a big issue, but I'm curious)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I discussed this with Tech Support last year. They said there is no way to have the same attribute appear twice like that. Maybe someone knows some text mode magic, but I wasn’t able to figure it out previously. Eric

Level 10
Shouldn't it be just an OR, not AND? Each user can only have one schedule. The report should show users with default schedule Or no schedule applied.

Level 7
The opposite - The report is to show those users that do NOT have either the default schedule or no schedule at all (meaning they would be assigned to a schedule that is not the default schedule). Therefore I want to see those users who are NOT asigned to "default schedule" AND do not have a blank schedule.

Level 10
It just occurred to me, something a Remote Consultant suggested for something else. He said you can create a custom attribute that has complex IF THEN logic in it, then use that custom attribute in your decision making in the report. That approach might work...

Level 5
Another undocumented secret you CAN do an AND in text mode So ABC Priorities needs to not be blank AND not have the value N/A Filter Text mode: AND:1:DE:ABC Priorities=N/A AND:1:DE:ABC Priorities_Mod=notin DE:Add to ABC Calendar=Yes DE:Add to ABC Calendar_Mod=in DE:ABC Priorities_Mod=notblank actualStartDate=2015-07-25T00:00:00:000 actualStartDate_Mod=gt Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 10
Mr. Chairman, I move that we grant Miss Melinda the Girl Scout of the Week Badge and a gold star for her refrigerator. Well done, Melinda. Impressive, to say the least. Eric

Level 5
I got this one from Adina Pierce. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 7
First of all, ERIC - that was a great suggestion as I was able to do just that - created a custom form with a calculated field to set it to the same value if the schedule was blank or the default schedule - and had the report check that new field. Worked great and something to remember for later on. And MELINDA - even better - was able to get my text mode to work so I don't need to add a custom form to all the users. Thanks both of you!

Level 9
You got it, dude ! Congrats Melinda! Thanks for being awesome. In Reply to Lucas Eric:
Mr. Chairman, I move that we grant Miss Melinda the Girl Scout of the Week Badge and a gold star for her refrigerator. Well done, Melinda. Impressive, to say the least. Eric
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at: