Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document Sharing within a Group

Level 1
Hi, I am having some trouble with sharing access at the document level within a group. Is there a way a user can see a document within a request that was created by another user of the same group without the owner having to share it? I would like to have members of the same group have the access to view each other's documents freely. Would greatly appreciate any feedback/insight. Thank you!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Gianna, What is the share access on the project that is the request queue? If you share the project with the group and give it view access, they should have access to the documents in the requests. Just a thought.

Level 1
Hi, If I want to share a folder with a group I have to Share the Project with that group, correct? I can just give them View access though. Thank you

Level 7
Documents are shared as inherited from the Project and any other specific share you add, so anyone who is shared access to the project will automatically inherit sharing with the documents. You can remove the inherited sharing on the document if you'd like. At this time, I don't think you can share a specific "Folder" with people - each document is shared individually.

Level 1
Thanks Greg. So if I share a Project with View access then that person/group will be able to see every document uploaded to that Project, correct?

Level 7
correct, EXCEPT those documents where someone REMOVED the inherited share.

Level 1
Thanks Greg. I appreciate your help.