Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document report that shows portfolio or specific file types?

Level 10
I'm trying to run a document report that shows all the documents we've uploaded to projects with the word "Final" in them, so that our compliance department can easily access and download all the final files for state audit. So far, so good. Created doc report, with filters "name contains Final" and "project percent complete =100" 1) Now, I'm trying to exclude documents that are in the Administrative portfolio, and just filtering out the Administrative Portfolio doesn't seem to work. I do "Portfolio name =/= Administrative Portfolio" and it automaGically changes to "Document Portfolio ID =/= Administrative Portfolio" which I don't think is quite the same thing. Filtering using project custom form fields was fine, it just doesn't seem to go any further up than that. 2) Does anyone have instructions on how to filter in (or out) specific file types? Like if we specifically want only PDFs or only PPT? I was thinking Current Version / File Type or Document Type would work, but evidently not. I need to filter out .msg, .jpg, .png, .eps.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Skye, I believe that Document Portfolio ID is the same thing, but to be safe, you can use Project Portfolio ID. It is in the dropdown in the filters tab or you can use project:portfolioID=[Insert Portfolio's ID here] project:portfolioID_Mod=notin As for your second one, you can do a Document Type filter (called docObjCode) if you are in text mode. The issue with this is it is a free text field. So I would recommend running a report with that field as a column and copying the exact name that appears in that column for your filter. Like I know PDFs are called Adobe Acrobat (PDF). The reason for this, you will need to use Equals so you can do the OR statement. You can't do an OR statement on "contains." Hope that is helpful! :)

Level 2
I had a hard time getting that filter to work. I eventually got a smart folder to filter by file type by using the following field: currentVersion:ext I set the deliminator to "contains" and in the text field entered "jpg" to filter for JPEGs. It works. An excruciating hour of work but well worth it. Douglas Sampson Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond