Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document report that lists folder?

Level 10
Is there any way for me to create a document report that will list the folder that I put the document into? I can't see any column in the report that I can add that has to do with document folder name, and when I try to goof around with the code (DOCFDR) I produce only errors. :) -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7
Yes, there was a thread on this not too long ago in the Reports Forum. The thread is "https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/topic=62&post=5068#p5068" here . Polly is the person who gave the answer. To answer your question here though, I have a report that has 2 prompts where I can enter part of the document name, and the Project name, and it will bring me back information on the document, including the folder it's in and the parent folder if there is one. Here is the mode courtesy of Polly: For Folder name : displayname=Folder Parent listmethod=nested(folders).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={parent}.{name} valueformat=HTML For Parent Folder Name: displayname=Folder Parent listmethod=nested(folders).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={parent}.{name} valueformat=HTML

Level 10
oops, thanks Greg! I did do a search yesterday but evidently my search skills are poor! :P

Level 2
Greg, Thanks, but the two code samples you provided are the same but the titles imply they are different. Maybe a typo? Also, when you say "Parent Folder" it looks like you mean the "highest level folder" that the document resides in. Is there anyway to get the "full path" to the document, meaning all the folder names that have to be navigated to get to the document within the Documents tab. For example: Folder1:Folder2:Folder3.

Level 7
Oops! For the folder, it's: displayname=Folder listmethod=nested(folders).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={name} valueformat=HTML The folder is the direct folder the file is in, and the "Parent Folder" is the immediate folder above that, not the highest level. I do not know how to go beyond that.