Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document Counts in Projects

Level 2

I'm attempting to create a report which lists by project the total count of documents by project.

As a bit of background, we had an API call run wild and duplicate documents. In some instances, this was by the 1000! The report is to help us identify the projects where this happened.

I've tried a number of solutions and the closest I came was to use a collection to list the names of the documents. I was hoping to run a calculation based on that but could not find anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions please!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi Rich,

For that you'd want to start with a Document based report, then add a Grouping by Project name. Flip from the Detail to the Summary page and you'll have your counts.

Filter for documents uploaded during the time your API got opinionated and you should get a solid list to go fix. Sympathy on that front!

Katherine

0694X00000DUCDmQAP.jpg

Level 10

Hi Rich,

Similar to Katherine's approach, in times of triage, I sometimes prefer to go Bare Metal API, and invite you to use this gem to do effectively the same thing, from a URL (provided you change [yourdomain] and the two dates to match your situation):

https://[yourdomain].my.workfront.com/attask/api/v12.0/docu/report?fields=project:name&project:name_...

Regards,

Doug