Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you Integrate?

Level 1
Integrating your internal systems (i.e. Slack, Jira, Salesforce, Outlook, etc.) with Workfront is a fantastic way to optimize your Workfront experience and have a more connected workflow. We currently offer our customers several options for integrating: Workfront Fusion, Workfront native integrations, customization via Workfront API, or through a partner. I'm curious to hear from those of you who are currently integrating Workfront with one of your other systems. What systems are you integrating with Workfront? And what use case are you solving for with Integration? I've also "https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WorkfrontFusionSurvey" put together a survey , if you'd prefer to share with me a more detailed response. Thanks! Jessica Maughan Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 3
We have an integration with our financial system. We also have several automations to move TV and radio spots for distribution. We have a portal that uploads documents in several projects and 'smart' folders in bulk. We are developing dashboards for our studio outside of Workfront due to the limitations of Workfront reporting. We are also developing a portal to open projects in bulk, after that, we are developing a means to assign tasks to those bulk projects depending what team created them. So yea, we integrate. Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 1
Thanks for sharing Randy! Are you currently integrating these systems through a custom integration via Workfront's open API? Or through one of our partners? Jessica Maughan Workfront

Level 10
So we have great plans to integrate Workfront with at least 5 systems. Unfortunately all of those systems are controlled by another IT department. What that means is that not only do I have to pay for the cost of Workfront Fusion but also the team needed from the other side that operates those. That will easily double/triple the cost for what I need to do. We are looking at Salesforce, SharePoint, Oracle Fusion, Rally, Tableau to start with. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 3

Any more info on integration with Rally? Wondering if this is part of WF Fusion.

Level 10
Hi Jessica, We have integrated to our finance system via the Workfront API. We also do a bit of integration to ServiceNow and Mandrill using what is now known as Fusion. Both of these are going well. We have however been waiting 3 years for native Exchange calendar integration and had been told for some time that it was going to be provided with the new Workfront Home calendar, however we have recently found out that this is no longer the plan. Very frustrating as we can't easily switch to 365 (and may not). We'll now have to consider building it ourself, but I know there are many other Workfront customers who are just as frustrated by the lack of support of Exchange so I hope Workfront reconsider. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
And if you are integrating or interested to integrate, make sure you join the "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home?CommunityKey=1b963024-fe6b-42b7-b394-95486023c14c" Integrations Discussion in community :) Anna ANNA GRIGORYAN Group Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
David, We have the same issue with Office 365. Our company will NEVER adopt a cloud based email platform. I am surprised that Workfront would keep pushing its user base to products without understanding the ramifications of a such a move. We have PII, PHI and other legal restrictions that would keep us from EVER moving to a cloud based email system. Just using Workfront presented several hurdles we had to overcome and we do not store PII/PHI for that reason. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 1
Hi Michael, That is great to hear that you've got plans to integrate. I'm sorry to hear that you're running into some obstacles with getting those integrations going. Are you aware of our out of the box integration with SharePoint? Also - we'll be releasing an out of the box integration with Salesforce soon. Depending on your use case, these native integrations may do the trick for what you're looking for those two systems. Jessica Maughan Workfront

Level 1
Michael and David - We appreciate your feedback. We know that the Exchange integration is important for many of our customers and offering this integration is on our roadmap. Unfortunately, I don't have a date for when it will be available yet but please stay tuned. We've heard your concern and will continue to push forward building this integration. As a side note -- David, we are happy to hear that your other integrations are going well. Would you be willing to share what use case you are solving for with these integrations? Jessica Maughan Workfront

Level 10
Hi Jessica, Glad to hear that Exchange is still a potential, but after 3 years I'm not holding my breath...sorry to sound negative but I've heard aspirational development noises before and it's still not available or close to :) Regarding our other use-cases of integration we have developed: Two-way sales order integration from our finance system covering new orders, forecasting revenue based on project dates, and triggering revenue for billing with related time data. Certain support tickets from ServiceNow requiring billable (or more complex) work are created in Workfront as projects and assigned to resources and eventually flow on to billing in our finance system. We trigger CSI surveys to be sent out from ServiceNow based on certain types of work being complete in Workfront. We send pretty-ish HTML email communications via Mandrill using embedded project/task data from Workfront. Regards, David Cornwell