Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Do you have questions from Experience Makers The Skill Exchange on Apr 13?

Employee

If you have questions, or want to chat more about something you heard in Experience Makers the Skill Exchange event on April 13th, you in the right place!

Let's keep the conversation going - leave a comment below with one of your favorite tips and tricks you heard, or with any unanswered questions. Feel free to tag the speaker of the session if it's specific to their presentation.

Thanks to those who were able to join us, and thank you to our wonderful expert speakers!

I imagine the biggest question is - was this recorded?! The answer is YES. The recording will be available next week to anyone who pre-registered. If you did not register in advance, we hope to post the archived files to Experience League at some point soon. Stay tuned!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

25 Replies

Community Advisor

You may have users who currently have access to those requests through inherited access from the request queue project or if your request queue is in a portfolio/program users could have inherited access from there as well.

Before moving those requests, you'd want to make sure any users who have inherited access to the requests are given access to the new project you create.

Also from my experience, if you have a lot of requests to move you may benefit from bulk editing in smaller batches rather than trying to move them all at once. I can generally bulk edit about 250 items without Workfront getting hung up depending on the kind of edit I'm making. If it gets hung up, it will move some but not all, so no real harm other than frustration.

Level 3

@Heather Kulbacki‚ you are an absolute LIFESAVER. Good point on giving project access to users before I move the requests. And another good point on the bulk editing; I'll probably plan to bulk move the requests in groups of 100 so WF doesn't freeze on me. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for giving such helpful responses.

Level 3

@Heather Kulbacki‚ one last question: What should I set the project's Status to? Current?

Community Advisor

@Erica Lorenzo‚ if the requests you're moving are all complete, I'd probably set the project's status to complete as well. If there are any still in progress, I'd probably go with current and set the completion mode to automatic so when all requests are complete the project will close itself out. Personally I like to close projects out when all tasks or issues in them are complete.

Community Advisor

I'm hoping that limit got removed. I've got a request queue with 17,000+ issues and that queue's only been live 6 months as of today.