Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Distribution list for a project email.

Level 2
Is there a way to determine the distribution list for a project email? Also who gets project emails if only roles or groups are assigned?
6 Replies

Level 8
Hey Darryl, I'm pretty sure if you go into a project and click More -->Staffing --> and click on the People tab, it will tell you everyone associated with the project. This won't tell you, however, why they are associated with the project and who gets what notifications.

Level 10
Yes - I love that project update all feature!!! Do you mean roles and teams?

Level 2
We are just spinning up and many of the projects are already in flight. There are not be a lot of people assigned to tasks yet for various reasons. There are quite a few groups and roles that people are assigned to but not so many teams. I don't want to bombard the wrong people with email.

Level 7
I'm unclear on what you're asking. You had asked who gets a Project email? What's a "Project email". Are you asking if they get an email when they are assigned to a Task? Or assigned to a Project? Are you wondering if they get an email if they are in a Group or Team and that group or team is assigned to a Task?

Level 2
I apologize fr not being more clear. i have a PM that is entering a lot of data in planning. He wanted to make sure the right people will get emails when he converts the project to current. Not all tasks are assigned to specific individuals. Some are assigned to roles or groups. For example.... If there is a task for the Business Owner, will all business owners in the system get an email or none since one hasn't specifically been assigned. Does that help clarify?

Level 7
There are a lot of email notifications in the system that can be activated/deactivated so it depends on how your's is set. We don't generally do notifications to users regarding Projects so I'm not really familiar with those, however, I believe that an email would NOT go out to a Team or Group, but if an individual was assigned, if the email notification was active, that they'd get an email. Unless someone can answer this definitively (and there probably will be somebody, what I usually do is just set up a quick test - set up a project in planning status, assign some teams and individuals, convert the project and see who got the emails.