Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Difficulties to connect JIRA and Workfront

Level 1
Hello everyone, I need help to configure triggers in JIRA. Workfront add-on is actually installed on JIRA and I would like to test it but I have some difficulties to configure the triggers. As you can see on the screeshot below, I can select the Workfront User but not the JIRA project. When I search a Jira project the field is always empty as if the trigger could not find any Jira Project.... I looked for a solution on Workfront and on Jira but I can find anything to unblock this situation... Anyone know how ? Arthur Diquéro Lactalis Informatique
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5
Hi Arthur, Are you using Jira Server? If so, make sure that its Base URL is accessible from outside of your corporate network. Looks like the integration is trying to reach your server to get the list of projects, but gets blocked by firewall. You can find more info in this help article . Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 1
Hi Hayk, Thank you for your answer. Yes, we are using a Jira Server with a Base URL. Do you know how to make this URL accessible from outside of our corporate network ? I don't know how to configure the Jira firewall Arthur Diquéro Lactalis Informatique

Level 5
I believe this is more of a CorpIT question, Arthur. In short, your organization needs to make sure that inbound calls to your network can reach your Jira server. Quoting from the help article: You must ensure that the jira.workfront.com domain is accessible from your corporate servers. It serves as a middleware environment between Workfront and Jira and is required for the add-on to operate. You must also whitelist its static IP address of 35.162.128.73 on your firewall for outbound and inbound connections. Hope this helps. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 1
Hi @Arthur Diquéro : I'm having the same issue as you described above. Were you able to resolve this by having the Base URL accessible from outside your network? I submitted a ticket with Workfront months ago with very little response so I'm turning to the forum here to hopefully get the answers I need to get this integration up and running. Thanks! Judy Lin