Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Did Share/Delete options for Views relocate on the interface?

Level 6

From a Project List > View dropdown, there used to be a "..." that would reveal Share, Delete, etc options on mouseover. It seems to have disappeared leaving me guessing as to how to share or delete a view.

Hope I'm missing something obvious. Didn't the "..." previously appear to the left of the Pencil? I'm certain I'm signed in as myself (Admin).

0694X00000DVReGQAX.png

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is a known issue with WF. I was told they fixed the code and were waiting to release it into production. Thinking it would happen sometime this week.

If you need to share a view, grouping or filter in the meantime you can access them through the setup menu.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 6

(Actually it's more extensive. The "..." is not visible for Filters and Groupings as well. I have confirmed this with my fellow Admin.)

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is a known issue with WF. I was told they fixed the code and were waiting to release it into production. Thinking it would happen sometime this week.

If you need to share a view, grouping or filter in the meantime you can access them through the setup menu.

Level 6

Thanks, Tracy. Is there some sort of board I can watch for known issues? I did look in the release notes, but that wasn't the right place to check, I guess. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Level 5

Technically there is an area for known issues, but I only knew of this one because I had put in a support ticket. Here is the link for the stuff that makes it on the known issues page: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Known-Issues-in-the-new-Workfront-experience?r=45&ui-knowledge-c...

Community Advisor

There's also a link to Known Issues where you go in to submit a Support case, right above the Create a Support Case heading.

I didn't realize it was there until after I went digging for known issues yesterday, then went to submit a new support case and noticed it sitting right there. No idea how long it's been there right in front of me! LOL

Level 10

I find it more of a feature than a bug! I don't want people creating filters (that don't always work the way they think) and sharing them (to people who don't want them) :)

Level 10

@Randy Roberts‚

When user-created reports, filters, views don't work as they expect, they come to our support team and it becomes the ice breaker to have the discussion about creating that object for everyone that should have happened in the first place.

Our users always seem to be hesitant to ask for new things and changes no matter how much I let them know we want to help. So I prefer to frame this as an opportunity.

Level 2

EDIT - This may only apply to filters now that I think about it. Can't test until they fix.

Randy - You can turn off the ability to share in the access levels. We did that, as we encourage users to create what they need, but we don't want them just pushing them out to everyone. We handle pushing out ones we want via layout templates.