Expand my Community achievements bar.

Determining last Milestone hit on all projects

Level 3
Hello everyone, I'm working on a textmode script that will display the last milestone hit. script below: valueexpression=IF(!ISBLANK({milestoneID})&&DAY({actualCompletionDate})<=$$TODAY&&{milestone}.{name}="3. Creative Complete",{milestone}.{name},IF(!ISBLANK({milestoneID})&&DAY({actualCompletionDate})<=$$TODAY&&{milestone}.{name}="5. Go Live",{milestone}.{name},"")) listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists valueformat=HTML displayname=Last Milestone Hit textmode=true type=iterate Currently, if both of the milestones are completed then the column will display both milestones. What I'm trying to achieve is to replace the value if the next milestone is met. For example: Check the first milestone, update the column value if it's completed. Check the next milestone, replace the current column value with this milestone if it is also met. Currently, if both milestones are met, the output looks like this: 3. Creative Complete 5. Go Live desired output when both milestones are met would be: 5. Go Live I've been looking for text mode documentation, but can't find anything to replace the value of the column. is there something like "CONCAT()" that I'm missing? Any other ideas? Thanks! Parker Cantu MultiView
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Parker, Nice work on stepping the Community through what you've done so far. What I've typically done is ensure there are enforced predecessors between milestones to ensure that only one milestone is in a "canStart = TRUE" state. You can see my examples, and how I've used "canStart" in the ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#milestone-tasks">Active Milestone " example on the WFPro site. Does this help? Narayan

Level 3
Thanks Narayan! That got me a little closer. but because the script only writes when the task associated with the milestone can start, it won't tell me what the next milestone is if there is a predecessor in between. It appears that it might be easier to determine the next milestone. I'm playing with the script to try to get it to show me the next milestone but I'm not having much luck. I've attached a screenshot where my desired output in the report would be "Discovery Complete". Parker Cantu MultiView