Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Deleting a Group

Level 4
Hello, I wanted to discuss all the objects affected when deleting a Group in Workfront. Workfront does provide you with the option to reassign all items & people associated with a Group to another group on the delete confirmation page. But this isn't great if the items and people need to be reassigned to different Groups. Reassigning manually, the items that would need to be updated are; User Home Groups Project Group Custom Form Sharings Tasks (I believe these update automatically when the project group changes) Template Project Group ?? I'm sure there are a few more objects but I'm missing, and this is a challenging subject to search on the support site since Group is a widely used term in Workfront. Thank you, Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Andrew, You'll want to consider group-based custom statuses as well. Templates do not have a group field. You are correct, tasks and issues will inherit the group of the project. Something to consider is instance-wide sharing with a group. I'm not sure if it's possible to report all the places where a group is defined in the sharing. Deleting a group will likely remove all of the sharing settings.

Level 4
Hi Narayan, Luckily there are no group based Statuses for this group but definitely a good suggestion. The instance wide sharing with a group, might be tough to completely map out, but to start, I've made many different object type reports (Reports, Dashboards, Projects, Groupings, Filters, Views, Programs, Portfolios) and included the column 'Shared With.' Then with the results, doing a Control Find command in the browser to find any cases of the an object being shared to the group. Thanks, Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090