Expand my Community achievements bar.

Date of status change to DEAD/Rejected on a project

Level 10
Hi there, I've head already created report for one of our team, which shows all Completed Project within that team last month. I have pulled with Actual Completion Date. What i'm trying to do now is to pull in the same report projects which has been kind of completed - set to DEAD or REJECTED Status. How we know already, Actual Completion Date unfortunately doesn't count that kind of status changed. have anyone got idea how to do it ? Any text mode tricks for it ? -Dags
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Dags. I suggest you add an OR to your report's Filter and include any Tasks whose Planned Completion Date was within this week but whose Project also has the Status values of interest (e.g. DEAD, etc.) Regards, Doug

Level 7
Dags, This may not be perfect, but it's easy. Assuming once it's been changed to "Dead" that no one updates it, could you filter for project status = "Dead" and Last Update Date = Last Month? Greg

Level 10
Thanks for help. What I did - I created drop down field in our Project Analysis Custom form, which is attached to every project. I called it 'Rejected Stage' and ' Stated as Dead Stage' - got there stages in which it's likely to reject or dead projects. Under it, I have created Date Field ('Rejected Date' and 'Stated as Dead Date' ) with logic - it will appears only if one of the option from drop downs is chosen. All works perfect now - able to pull them dates in report.

Level 10
Excellent, Dags; nice job, and glad to hear you got it going. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hi Dags, When you change the status to 'dead' it does remove the Actual Completion Date on the project. However, when you 'Recalculate Timeline' on the project it will add the actual completion date back on the project. We have it set to receive emails when the status of the project is change. When we see a 'dead' project we recalculate timeline on the project. In our report we have it filter to 'dead' status and the date range on the actual completion date field. It's a roundabout/time consuming but it works of us. Sharlene