Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Customizing a Row in Reports

Level 3
I have a task report but I want to show the Project Sponsor's name. My options are Project Sponsor ID or Project Sponsor Home Team. I swear I attended a great session at Leap that helped me customize this header and the information displayed, but nothing is working. Can anyone help? Thanks! Jennifer Franz Sae International
4 Replies

Level 7
Click on the Project Sponsor ID column that you added and switch to text mode. In order to see the Project Sponsor Name instead, edit the text, replacing anywhere it says "sponsorID" with "sponsor:name" and then save. This column should now populate with the Sponsor's name. Then for "displayname=", you can add in whatever you want to call the column. valuefield=project: sponsorID querysort=project: sponsorID valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1= sponsorID Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3
Thanks Terry. I guess I thought the customization was causing the field to be empty. It's not populating. So I guess there's more to it than the customization. Thanks for your help though!!! Jennifer Franz Sae International

Level 7
Hello, this posting jumped out because I needed the exact same thing. I tried it and that field is also showing up blank for me. I'm in task report and want project sponsor name to show in column - please let me know if you figure out?? displayname=Project Sponsor linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=sponsor:name querysort=sponsor:name textmode=true valuefield=sponsor:name valueformat=HTML Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 7
I had used a Task Report in my example. This is the "column" that I pulled into the Task Report: I then switched the column to text mode and made the edits as noted above - changing "ID" to ":name" as highlighted. I just tried it again, and it populated my Task report with a Project Sponsor column with Sponsor name noted. Perhaps you were pulling in another column? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services