Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Forms: Lists: are nested lists possible?

Level 1
Working with various lists used in Custom Forms we run into an issue having some lengthy multi-select lists with >50 entries for users to select from. An example would be Product Names. This of course impacts usability. Any tips or best practices how to approach/resolve this? I've looked into the possibility of having nested/folding/grouped lists, but that functionality doesn't seem to be there. Any help is welcomed!
2 Replies

Level 5
Here's how I usually approximate nested lists. Categorize your list in the first selection field. Create a new selection field for each category that is controlled by display logic off the first selection field. Create a calculated field that displays the value of the nested list that matches the original category field, with or without the category field So if you are looking at an asset needed field, you may have an asset category for print/broadcast/digital. A print field for brochure/postcard/insert And a asset display field that contains IF(CONTAINS("Print", Asset Category),CONCAT(Asset Category," - ",Print Asset),"NA") Then I copy that whole statement and replace "NA" with the IF until I've gone through all the iterations. On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 5:55 AM Maarten Rijswijk < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > Working with various lists used in Custom Forms we run into an issue > having some lengthy multi-select lists with >50 entries for users to select > from. An example would be Product Names. This of course impacts usability. > Any tips or best practices how to approach/resolve this? I've looked into > the possibility of having nested/folding/grouped lists, but that > functionality doesn't seem to be there. Any help is welcomed! > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 1
Thanks Melinda, that's an approach which may work for me, I'll check it out!