Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Form Question: wanting five boxes to equal exactly 100

Level 2
Good morning all, I am in need of creating a section in the custom form that covers region allocation. And there are five regions we are using and they have to add up to 100 exactly. the logic is the five regions must add up to 100(%) no more/no less. I thought I could use calculated data in the Custom form, but maybe I am not thinking the right idea. Any suggestions please?
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Maikaru. To ensure the regions add to 100 (percent), and assuming USA is normally the largest, I suggest you use numeric textboxes for CAN, CAP, EMEA, and LATAM, but make USA a calculated numeric parameter with a formula of 100-(CAN + CAP + EMEA + LATAM). Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hey Doug, Thank you for your reply. Would you please elaborate what field type you suggest I choose?

Level 10
You're welcome, Maikaru. Using this overview of Custom Forms , I'm proposing you use a numeric Single Line Text parameter for the four inputs, and a numeric Calculated parameter for USA. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hello Doug, Thank you for expanding on that. I apologize as I am still a little confused and need the exact spelling of each field. I set it up like this and used your formula, but it comes back as invalid expression. Would you shed light on the thing that I am doing incorrectly?

Level 10
Ah! Excellent point, Maikaru. I should have mentioned that you will need to first add the CAN, CAP, EMEA, and LATAM forms to the custom form and then SAVE (so the custom form "knows" those parameters are part of the form) and THEN add the calculated USA parameter. That way, you can then save the USA formula. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hey Doug, This was a great solution. I was able to produce this after clicking save and close then re opening the custom form set up.