Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Form - Making Changes

Level 3
When I try to make a change to the Custom Form it says "I already have a field with that name." I have Jan-2017; I want to remove the - and I get the above response. Also, I tried deleting the field altogether, but when I try to put it back in and tells me "I already have a field with that name" I looked up Custom Forms and it looked like I have to copy and rename the form to make changes, is that right?
8 Replies

Level 4
Becky it will continue to say you already have that field because it is already in use on a custom form some where. These fields are used system wide not just on the one form. If you want to leave well enough alone with all the other forms it is on just rename the new field (and have 2 similar fields). If you don't have very many forms with the Jan-2017 on it, then i recommend going to that field and deleting it on all forms then try adding the "new spelling" field.

Level 3
It is a form I have been testing. So if I remove the form from the test site, then I'll be able to make the changes?

Level 4
I believe that even if the form is deleted the fields remain. But if the form is deleted and that is the only form this spelling is on the you should be able to delete the field at that point. Samantha

Level 4
I believe that even if the form is deleted the fields remain. But if the form is deleted and that is the only form this spelling is on the you should be able to delete the field at that point.

Level 10
Hi, If you go to the 'Fields' tab, you can see which custom forms they are used on (if any). This is a handy way to know what is used where and what you may be able to get rid of. Regards, David

Level 10
I've had that issue as well for some fields. I will go to the field tab to see where it may be used somewhere else. My solution was to just rename it slightly different in order to move forward with the creation of my new form. But If I want the field to be 'connected' across the forms then i need to be able to look in the library and select the field that it say, already exist. I should be able to reuse a field - correct? However, i do not see it listed in the library of existing fields when i am in edit mode in the custom form. Any thoughts?

Level 4

the best place to go see everything by alphabet is under setup, on the custom form area, but don't open a form. there are 3 tabs at the top of this area: Forms, Fields, Sections. Click on "fields" and scroll to the alphabet you need. this also list what type of label it is. (ie- drop down, check box, paragraph) and you can add to this field and it will change the information on all custom forms at the same time. (this is really helpful if you have a multiple choice drop down). I have attached a screen shot of where to find it. If you have questions please feel free to call me 817-424-21860690z000007ZkJaAAK.jpg