Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom form fields that will work with $$UserID

Level 9
I'm hoping some genius in this community has a solution to this! I am attempting to use a custom form to address our organizational structure needs and allow a Director to pull reports that include all staff under them, even those that report through Managers or Supervisors. To do this, I need to have a calculated custom field that I can use as a report filter, and that will respond to the $$UserID wildcard. Right now, I would have to input the Director's name to get anything to work. Hopefully this makes sense? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Alison. I invite you to consider our Executive Dashboards solution, which includes the technique you're after for pulling reports by director (or at any level of the corporate hierarchy, in fact). Regards, Doug

Level 6
Hi Alison, about a month ago I found this interesting idea. https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/post=2738#p2738 The calculation on the post is not correct but I managed to figure out the correct format through trial and error. It is as follows: CONCAT(Manager, ", " , Manager.Manager , ", ", Manager.Manager.Manager, ", ", Manager.Manager.Manager.Manager) Hope this helps!

Level 6
Here are some screenshots showing how I use the wildcard on the report filters and the calculated custom field I presented in my other comment to pull the info I want.