Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Form Error, "That Field Already Exists"

Level 1
I created an issue custom form that is used for request intake. I duplicated the form and created a project form that is attached to templates. The issue form was recently updated, but the duplicate project form was not automatically updated. When I tried to manually update the project form, I got the error message that the field already exists, even though it is not on the project custom form. What am I missing?
2 Replies

Level 5
Did you add the field from the field library or try to create a new custom field of the same name? Sometimes even when adding an existing field I'll see that error. I just save and close out of the form reopen and I can usually work ok. The system shouldn't let you have 2 fields with the same name and as a best practice I would avoid 2 fields that have very similar name Department v Departments as you will confuse your report and form creators of which they should use. You CAN create a custom field that is the same as a system field. DON'T! You will get unexpected errors in calculations, imports and columns. I always check the field library before creating a new field to help prevent this error. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: "https://www.capabilitysource.com" www.capabilitysource.com email: "mailto:melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com" melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com<

Level 1
Hi Melinda, Thank you for your response. The new fields added to the issue form were from the field library. No custom fields were created.