Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

custom field typeahead filter

Level 5

I've added a Typeahead field, with the Referenced Object Type set to Project, to a custom form. I was able to create a filter to narrow down the available choices by the Template ID used to create the project. I'd like to narrow the choices down further. Is it possible to filter on the value of another custom form field (in this example, the 'Family' field)? I'd like the user to see only those projects that share the same value in 'Family' as the project they're currently working on. To clarify, 'Family' and the Typeahead field are on separate custom forms in the project. Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Typeahead fields are really only "halfway done". They don't reference the target object at all. so you can't pull any related data.

It is, in essence, just a plain text field with the name of another object.

Innovation lab has some posts suggesting they "finish" the implementation of typeaheads by linking the referenced object.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Typeahead fields are really only "halfway done". They don't reference the target object at all. so you can't pull any related data.

It is, in essence, just a plain text field with the name of another object.

Innovation lab has some posts suggesting they "finish" the implementation of typeaheads by linking the referenced object.

Level 2

I agree. We are trying to use a Program typeahead field on issues/requests so we can display issues on a dashboard page on the Program. It's extremely difficult. I've only figured out how to show issues on projects/tasks beneath the Program, not bring in other issues from the General Queue.😫