Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Curious if there is a way to automatically assign a user based on a project "tactic type" custom form field.

Level 5
Hey All, I have heard of a feature that is present within other systems. Wondering if there is a way to automatically set a user as project owner of a certain type of project plan based on a custom field "tactic type"? I know you can set specific users in the template and on project creation (the creator is always set as the owner) but we were looking for a way to shortcut that. Thanks, Al Algernon Browne WebMD
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Al, I don't know of a way to do that in native Workfront. I know we could do it via the API, but not sure if you use the API.

Level 9
If you don't want to go the API route (and I don't blame you!), I'd suggest building a daily/weekly report of recently created projects, grouped by "tactic type," that shows the current project owner for each. Then you can fix them using inline edit and/or bulk edit. It shouldn't take long unless you create a LOT of projects. I have a bunch of "admin cleanup" reports of this type that get sent to me every Friday. Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions

Level 5
Thank you Vic and Eric for your helpful suggestions. I see benefits and obstacles from both. Vic - We were hoping to not have to go the API route as we currently do not have the time and human resources to work on this. Unless it was super simple to automate, there wouldn't be any bandwidth to code for the API. Eric - This does sound like a possibility! Looking for a quick and dirty way. This sounds a alot better than a "kickstart" and this does not sound like something that's too bad. I know that this can't be automated thru normal means but this could possibly save the user lots of time. Thanks, Al Algernon Browne WebMD