Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cross object references in a report

Level 3
I have a task report with an editable custom report field, there is also "Task>Name", the "Task>Percent Complete" and "Project>Has Documents". It has to be a task report because I need inline editing of the Task>Percent Complete (and the custom report field). I have a document report with the Document Name and Document Type of the documents attached to the parent project as well as "Document>View Icons". I have a Document Approval report with the "Requestor>Name", the "Approver>Name", the "Document Approval>Request Date", the "Document Approval>Approval Date", and the "Document Approval>Status". I need to combine all these columns into one report. I know I can reference items from other report types using text mode and the References in the API Explorer but documentation is elusive and what documentation I've found on my own is very vague. I've tried a lot of different things but I'm just fumbling around in the dark here. Nothing is working as expected. I got a custom project field to show up in a Document Approvals report using "valuefield=document:project:DE:Project ID" but I have no idea why it worked. Very frustrating. So any help with how to do this would be great. And any documentation on this subject would be great too. Randy Roberts Zimmerman Advertising
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies