Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating re-occuring monthly report requests

Level 1
Let my start by thanking you ahead of time for your time and consideration in reviewing my inquiry. Is there a way to have a "report request" be submitted with reoccurrence dates? For example, I currently send a report to another business area within my company that they have requested monthly. For reporting purposes I want to ensure the delivery of this report is something that is captured within work front and is also apparent within work fronts reporting. My team typically submits a requests directly to our team queue anytime we perform a task, or project that has been requested by another business unit seeking our teams support. It seems they only way to do so is to re-create the report request for the requesting business unit every month. Is there a more efficient method to having this monthly task tracked? Stephen Regalado Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union
2 Replies

Level 7
Hello Stephen, You can schedule reports to be sent out on a regular basis. To do this, you'll open the report you want sent, go to "Send Report", go to "Make Repeating Delivery" at the bottom, or "Repeating Deliveries" up top. From there, you can determine what schedule you want the report sent on, be it daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. You have additional details once you choose Weekly or Monthly, such as determining the day(s) the report is sent out. You can also schedule when you want the report to start being sent, and if you want it to stop sending at a certain point in time. Here's an example of a typical report I see customers automate delivery of: Issue Object Issue > Entry Date - $$TODAYbm | $$TODAYem This will show any issues that were entered between the b eginning of this m onth and the e nd of this m onth. (bm and em) If you want to further filter it down, you can use something like... Queue Definition > Is Public - Not Equal - None This will show any issues that were created via a request queue. I hope this helps! If you find you still have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team, and they can guide you through the basics of reporting. You can also reach out to your sales rep (Account Executive) and confirm if your company has purchased consulting time (they come in blocks of 4 and are rather inexpensive!) and you can schedule time with our consulting team, the real reporting experts! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 2
Our team had a similar issue where we wanted to track the time that was spent on recurring tasks without copying and pasting x number of times. You can create a recurring task (see the link below), but the system creates a sub-task for each occurrence and that was cluttering up our project plans. Our solution was to create a separate project for any recurring tasks to reduce the clutter. Here's the article: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217297727-Creating-Recurring-Tasks The trick is that the "Recurrence Frequency" field is only available on a new task. Once a task is created, it can't be changed to recurring. Amanda Banks Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc.