Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating a report field that takes text entry in report view

Level 3
My PMs want to use their project reports to take notes on during stand-up meetings, where team members are giving rapid-fire updates in a short timeframe. There's no time to click through to the project and update there. ALSO they can use it to input reminder notes to use to check statuses during stand-up meetings. Anybody already doing that? It would be a huge time saver and keep them from developing their own spreadsheets of projects which is double work we don't have time for. I'm trying to keep them in Workfront. Thoughts? Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas
2 Replies

Level 1
Michelle, Great question! There are a lot of customers doing exactly the same thing. What I recommend when asked this question is to either use the Project Description or create a custom data field "PM Notes". This is different than posting a new comment on a Project, but will effectively allow your PMs to capture their thoughts quickly. Then they can circle back and copy/paste the notes as a new comment later, or simply manage the information in those respective fields. As long as you have a Project View with one of those fields available, your team should effectively be able to do inline edit in a report to expedite the process. Best of luck! Regards, Dave Jones e | dave@hazcode.com c | 336.543.7549 PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addresses and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Level 7
Ding ding ding! Dave is spot on. The only thing I would add, is you can check the box for a custom field to display changes in the update stream. So, initial data entry into the field wouldn't show, but any changes would show in the update stream on the project. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront