Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating a link to move an issue on a report

Level 4
Hello, I am creating a report that lists out issues that were submitted to a general project. After those issues are reviewed, they are manually moved to the specific project that they pertain to. I have created an issue report that lists out all of the issues that are part of the general project, and if they have been moved to the specific project then they don't show up on that report anymore. My question, to make things a few less steps, is it possible to add in a quick link on the report to move that issue? When you click on the link, it would bring you right to the Move screen for that issue and you can put the project name in there. This is just an idea to simplify the steps so that we don't have to click the issue, then go to issue actions and then to move. Thanks! Scott Scott Sax Loyola University Maryland
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Scott, I do not think you can do this. I have an idea for you though. If the target project list is static and not too lengthy, what you could do is calculate a few URLs on the issue report that you or the "issue manager" could click that execute an API call for the move action, assuming this person has the privileges to move the issue to the target project. If this is an admin user, it'll be easy. https:// YOUR_SUBDOMAIN .my.workfront.com/attask/api/v9.0/issue/ ISSUE_ID /move?projectID= TARGET_PROJECT_ID &method=put Let's say there are 10 possible target projects. In your report, next to each issue, you can present ten hyperlinks that have pre-configured API strings. If you are looking to have a selection of all projects, this isn't going to work for you. Also, you'd have to click these links in a non IE browser. I think IE tries to download a file when you attempt API calls. What does the community thin about this approach? Narayan Raum Senior System Admin, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead of Workfront. Service & Business Manager. COE Lead. AVP Enterprise Data Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 4
Thanks Narayan, Appreciate the idea. My thought was that it could be moved to any project so I'm not sure this would work as originally thought. Scott Scott Sax Loyola University Maryland

Level 10
Well I think it's brilliant, Narayan. I am pouting at a new client because they declined my request to be SysAdmin (which is my normal prenuptial) and I need to Set Budget To Schedule on 100+ Projects. The click count to do so manually on each will take hours to navigate. So instead, using your technique, I'm going to calculate a url in a Project View that will Set Budget To Schedule with a single click per Project, and I'll instead be done in minutes. "Good artists copy. Great artists steal." Thanks for the lovely painting, Narayan. Yoink. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads