Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copy/Paste a Screenshot

Level 6
Well, the Workfront powers-that-be heard us! They are re-instating the Copy/Paste screenshot functionality - but not until the next release, March 2018. I wonder if enough of us speak up, they might release it earlier? So please: SPEAK UP! Let your Workfront reps know you need that functionality back sooner! Discuss it here! Blog about it there! We must make some noise ! Jay Schertzer Guild Mortgage Company
12 Replies

Former Community Member
I agree! We've been using Workfront for about 6 months, and I've wondered why this isn't possible.
--

Level 10
That's great news, and thanks Workfront for listening. I hope there is some way the feature deprecation process can be improved for the future so that we don't have to go through the user disruption, followed by a community haranguing of Workfront in order to have the feature reinstated. Now, commit dates are something I would be delighted if Workfront retire from the system, but I know that some other customers like them so I would accept being able to switch them off. :) David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi: David – I think you have a great idea. It would be nice if WorkFront let us know why and when they are going to deprecate something. They surprised us with removing version control on documents. When I announced it, people said they just didn't know about it. Now we use versioning much more than before. I'd sure like to see the data that says no one is using cut and paste images, causing it to bubble to the top of the list of things to remove... Thanks! Eric

Level 9
is this only for ProofHQ? if not - i don't recall the ability the insert a screenshot? I wish you could insert one in the status updates, as it makes for an easier communication process. John Seitz Workfront System Admin ESPN

Level 1
Very different than PHQ... you can use snipping tool and Ctr - V directly into the New Document area. I used that feature almost daily and wish to add my voice to clamor to bring it back ASAP. I also would love to have thumbnails in line or adjacent to updates, as having the files separately on the Documents tab is a challenge for creative development discussion. PHQ did not overcome that disconnect between the visual and the conversation. Kristen Cook ESPN

Level 8
When was Copy/Paste a Screenshot even an option? Has it been an option within the last 1.5 years? If so, we were never aware of it. If not, I'd like to know more about it if it is coming back. Matt May Stream Companies

Level 2
Hi Jay, I agree. There are several individuals in our organization that would like the functionality brought back. Thanks for posting! Dawn Tussel-Dopler Cleveland Clinic

Level 10
Yes Matt...it definitely was. Though perhaps some people imagine being able to paste a screenshot into an update. That was not the previous functionality. What it DID allow was when you created a new document, you could paste the screenshot into it. This may not sound like much but it actually saves a considerable number of steps compared to opening an image application, pasting the image, saving it somewhere then going back to workfront and uploading it. I've found that I upload screenshots far less often now that the feature has been removed (and this is not a good thing!). David Cornwell

Level 6
Well, good news / bad news ... As of December 11, 2017, Workfront has stated they are bringing back the functionality! Bad news: it won't be until the next "release", March 2018. Though it was clearly called a "deprecation" by Workfront, they also said it was an "enhancement", and would streamline the document upload process. Well it certainly was the former, and not even close to the latter! The user community really spoke up about this, and made their voices clearly heard! I'm hoping we speak up just a bit more and Workfront decides to make this a priority and brings back the Copy/Paste functionality before March 2018! Regards, Jay Schertzer Jay Schertzer Guild Mortgage Company

Level 2
This is great news! I really wish they wouldn't take AWAY functionality - they did this with the check-in/out document feature and then had to bring it back. Such a waste of effort. Peggy Settel Cornell University

Level 10
This is an awesome bring back that I did not know we had. But I will definitely use this feature. It is much needed in my role. Benetta Perry APS

Level 3
Agreed. We would also like the capability to shut off commit dates. Thanks. Diane Van Hoozer The University of Iowa Center for Advancement