Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Compare current user's logged time against department logged time

Level 5

We're having trouble getting our users to log time. I was hoping to build a report (or more likely a dashboard) that would help "gamify" the logging of time. What I'm hoping to show is the following:

• For the last 30 days:
    • % Department Logged Time:
      • [Total Completed Tasks with logged Time] / [Total Completed Tasks]
    • % Current User Logged Time:
      • [Total Completed Tasks with logged Time (Current User)] / [Total Completed Tasks (Current User)]
    • User Logged Time vs. Dept. Logged Time:
      • [% Current User Logged Time] - [% Department Logged Time]
        • If the # is positive, the current user has logged time for more tasks than the overall department
        • If the # is negative, the current user has logged time for less tasks than the overall department

I'm trying to build all of these calculations within a report (as opposed to calculated data fields). I'm using an Assignment-Level report as my starting point. I have my date filter (last 30 days) applied to the report.

What I'm struggling with is how to create the two "% logged time" calculations. One needs to SUM across the whole department, whereas the other needs to sum for just the current user. Am I able to do both of those calculations within the same report? If so, can someone help steer me in the right direction regarding syntax? Thank you!

0 Replies