Expand my Community achievements bar.

Combining issues and projects in one report workaround

Level 2

I have a dashboard to show our workflow from intake to a project going active. I love the visual graphs, but WF does not allow project reports and issues (when request are first submitted) to be in the same report. I am looking for any work arounds that will be visual for this dashboard. Especially since the new requests (issues) is really only one bar in a bar graph. Having an issue report with one bar seems awkward. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

4 Replies

Community Advisor

my initial suggestion would be to look through this, and see if it would help:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/issues/convert-issues/resolving-...

So in other words, in our instance, we have a set of issue statuses which sync up with the converted project status. For example if you convert the issue to a project and set the project status to "Project Setup" the issue status will automatically change to "Project: Setup", and so on (project active, project on hold, project completed).

With this, you could run an issue report and group by status. If the issue status is something like New or In Progress, you would know it is still an issue. If it's a custom status that syncs with the project, you'll know it's a project and what approximate stage it's in.

Level 2

This is a great idea! However, how do you prevent people from posting in both the issue and the project since they will have the same name? 

Level 10

What about putting both the project report and issue report on a dashboard?

Level 2

Due to the small amount of data on the new issues, the resulting graph is just one bar in a bar graph vs several bars on the project graph. It looks a bit strange hanging out there all by itself. Although it is an option, it just looks funny.