Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Capacity Planning with Ad-Hoc projects vs. Planned Projects

Level 2

Does anyone have experience breaking out their Ad-Hoc hours vs. Plan Hours projects? I am currently using the Resource Planner to calculate available hours vs. Planned hours. However, it does not tell the full story. I would like to see out of the "Planned Hours", how many were "ad-hoc" hours? Do I build Ad-Hoc project templates or build a custom form which they would use to "click" ad-hoc. This would allow me to pull the report of each project? Anyone else going through this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Chue,

Just an idea (untested), but perhaps there is a way (as is possible in our Capacity Charting solution) that you can stack the Planned Hours by "whatever you like", which in this case, could be either a Project or Task level custom parameter that denotes whether those related hours are either "ad-hoc" or something else (e.g. "project", "admin", etc.)

Regards,

Doug