Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you filter project reports by Groups?

Level 2

We have several hundred company values in our Workfront instance and each has recently been assigned to various groups created for client tiering. I'd like to generate a project report that filters by these groups. Is this possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Brandon Solomon‚

I believe you can.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

Thanks for the response. Any idea how?

Level 10

If I am not mistaken, you are taking about the user connected to several groups?

Mvh

Kundan

Level 2

Not a user but a company value. For instance we have 100 companies created in Workfront and 20 of them are assigned to group A, 30 in group B, and 50 in group C. I want to be able to build project reports that show only projects that involve Companies in group B.

Level 10

Ok, let me come back about this. May be we can have a meeting together to see the possibility in this regard. If you agree.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 9

Hey Brandon - try running a project report where group name is equal to group B. Add Company Name and Group name as a column, and then group by Company, then by Project. This should filter them out.

Level 2

Hi @Brandon Solomon‚,

Here's text to allow you to pull the company group name into a project report:

displayname=

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=company

namekeyargkey.1=group

namekeyargkey.2=name

querysort=company:group:name

textmode=true

valuefield=company:group:name

valueformat=HTML

If you would like to group your results by "Group" in the report, you can use this:

group.0.linkedname=company

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=company

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=group

group.0.namekeyargkey.2=name

group.0.valuefield=company:group:name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

0694X00000ENwn2QAD.png

Level 3

For what it is worth, if you want to see ALL Groups users belonged to beyond just their home group, this text view will allow for you to see that.

displayname=All Groups

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=group:name

valueformat=HTML