Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we create a system wide custom status so one group can use it in an "Agile View" in a project (but they are not an agile team, just Agile View), but that status doesn't show up for every other group?

Level 5

The only way I have had luck creating this view for the team in our sandbox is by adding a system-wide status and "locking" it down... but then other groups that don't need that status can't remove it! Am I missing a key step here from the help articles on how to do this? Thank you for the help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Heather and Olivia,

Along this line (albeit using System Statuses), I invite you to consider this technique courtesy of @John Albaugh‚ a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

You're not missing anything, that's how it works :(

I so wish I could create statuses to use in an Agile view per group rather than making system statuses.

The best I've come up with is to create those system statuses then go into every other group and move those statuses that don't apply to them to the very bottom of their status list.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Heather and Olivia,

Along this line (albeit using System Statuses), I invite you to consider this technique courtesy of @John Albaugh‚ a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

I like that! I didn't realize once the statuses were added to the Kanban board I could then unlock them and still have them work!

That gives me an idea for another solution. I have some group statuses that now another group needs. Rather than re-create them specicific to that 2nd group, I may re-create them as system statuses and unlock/hide them for the groups that don't need them just in case additional groups may someday need them.

Although with the number of groups we have, hiding statuses for EACH group is going to take some time, but may be worth it in the long run if additional groups someday need the same statuses.

Level 5

Oh that is an awesome work around. Just tested it out in sandbox and it seems to work! Thanks for this tip!

Agreed on the System Statuses idea as well Heather - we had several "Awaiting Feedback" statuses by group but much simpler to have one shared across groups.

Thank you!

I have been unable to get this hack to work. When I unlock the system status, and then hide it from a single Group, it becomes invisible to all users--even users that aren't a member of that Group. If I "un-hide" it from that Group, it then becomes visible to everyone again. It's very puzzling.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Community Advisor

Hi Eric,

I find the status/group correlation confusing also. When you hide a status, you're not hiding from a group of users, you're hiding it from being used on any projects where that group is assigned to the project - in the project overview.

And if it's a task or issue status - it relates to the group that is on the project those tasks or issues are in.

Level 9

A-ha! Thanks for the clarification, Heather. That is confusing, but it actually makes my implementation easier. My "agile-specific" task statuses apply to only a very limited number of projects (actually 2 at this point); I moved those projects to a special "Agile" Group, hide those statuses from the Group that is used for all "normal" projects... and presto!

All good now. Thanks again!

Level 10

Fabulous Olivia,

I'm glad that did the trick and am happy to have helped connect you to John's technique and (in turn) Heather's improvement. What A Team! <grin>

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Hi Everyone!

I came here looking for a workaround and the above suggestion was put into place for a few kanban statuses before the time of current admins.

I have one word of caution on this workaround... I don't know if a manual change was made in the team's settings or if it was a system fluke but one day all the cards for one team's status column disappeared.

After putting in a help ticket we discovered that the status was unlocked at system level and the only way to bring the cards back was to lock it.

I learned about the system level requirements & the workaround the same day. :)

Tina

Level 2

To add on to this, once you re-lock the status at the system level, it overrides any hiding or deleting done at the group level and brings the status back for those groups. Super frustrating, because I thought I had found a way to add these custom statuses for an Agile team's board columns without other groups being able to see those status options in a dropdown list. Can't figure it out.