Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can't edit past hours

Level 2

Hello, 

I am having issues with one specific user in editing his hours. He had accidently closed his timesheet, but when I recalled it, I still could not edit the hours for March. I am not sure what I am missing. 

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, in Setup, check your timesheet preferences. You may be trying to edit time on closed projects and can't if you have a setting that you cannot revise time on closed projects. If that's the case, try reopening the projects, revise the time as needed, then close again.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks Madalyn. Unfortunately, the projects are not closed. They are open and active and everyone else on the team can edit their hours. Its just this one user who cannot for March. He can log hours for April just fine. Any other ideas? 

Community Advisor

Are you sure this user has contribute or manage access on the projects he is trying to log time to (assuming your view-only access level doesn't allow for logging time). Is he trying to log project or task time?

Level 2

Yes. This user has a worker license and has editing abilities on the project. He logged his hours under project time, but I need to switch them to task time because of how we do our hour reporting. 

Community Advisor

Interesting. I'd doublecheck all your timesheet settings in Setup, and also compare a project where others can log time that he can't and see how their sharing/setup differs. Is he assigned to tasks within the project or has he just been logging time on the project line item/the project is shared with him but no tasks within? 

Level 2

I checked our settings, but we use the same timesheet settings for everyone in the workers license. His is no different from everyone else's. He is assigned to tasks within the project as well. 

Level 10

try giving that user admin access, then log in as them and see if you can edit the time. If yes, then lower that access to planner, try again. If yes, lower to worker again and try it. Maybe add that user to the project with manage access and see if that works. You'll need to try some things to nail down the failure point.

Level 2

I wasn't able to adjust it when he had admin access or by sharing the project with him with manage access. 

Level 10

OK, so that means it has nothing to do with access level for the user. Do you have a service account or an account that's not a real person that you can play with? It could be that when the timesheet was closed, it locked it and recalling it doesn't change that. You could try doing the same thing with a service account and see if it results in the same behavior. If so, it's probably got something to do with closing it in the fiirst place. At that point, I would open a support ticket to find out if that is the inteded behavior.