Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can't create this task...

Level 10
I've been asked by a PM how they can create the following task: "want to add a task that's going to run from now until the end of January for me - eg regular update meetings with local team which may add be around 2 days effort per month (but could be higher) for 3 months?" So a single task with a duration from say 3rd November to 31st January, and the PM wants the ability to contour planned hours on a day-by-day basis as required. I tried to create such a task with a dummy amount of Planned Hours (as this will evolve), and then to try contouring this in the Staffing tab, but any edits I made that pushed the Planned Hours above the dummy total I put against the task means I can't save. So I have to go back to the plan, uplift the Planned Hours by the exact difference I want to add against the task, and then apportion these hours all again. Is there another way?? Jamie Hill JLL
1 Reply

Level 10
Or asked another way: could I create a task that lasts (duration) for 3 months, but only puts planned hours (effort) on the Tuesday and Wednesday of each week? Jamie Hill JLL