Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I pre-attach an approval to a Custom Form/Queue Topic?

Level 10
When our projects want to raise a change request, we ask them to create an Issue on the project with the "Change Request" queue topic and fill in the fields on the custom form that appears. Once they've then saved that, we ask the PM to: Attach the CR document (the full doc contains diagrams, tables etc. so we still need to retain it) Go to the 'Approvals' tab > Use an existing approval process > CR Approval. Click 'Save' Set the issue's status to 'Closed - Pending Approval' We're getting a lot of CRs raised that have only got up to stage 1 or stage 2. I was therefore thinking whether it's possible to pre-attach an approval to our CR custom form (or to the CR queue topic) so we can remove step #2? Regards, Jamie Jamie Hill JLL EMEA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Yes absolutely. You can do it in the Project Queue Details level or the Queue Topic level. Open you queue project, go to Queue Setup > Queue Details and under Queue Properties you can add your existing Approval. If you have sub menus (Queue Topics), just open one (or create one) and you'll see the same dropdown. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
Awesome - thank you very very much! Jamie Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
In addition to this... if you'd like this on all projects (and not just this one project), I'd recommend you do this on the template. We actually created a template called "Forms for Your Project" which doesn't have any tasks on it but configures the Queue Setup on the project. This way we turn all of our projects into mini-request queues almost. They can do Studio Requests, Bug Tracking, Change Requests, WebOps Requests, etc. from their project. The assigned teams love it because they get access to the project itself so can get to documents, timelines, and other issues without the Project Owner having to re-enter or re-attach everything to a request queue unrelated to the project. We have had huge success with this. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4

Hi @Anthony Imgrund‚ and @Jonathan Chen‚,

Although this post is from 5 years ago, it confirmed my feeling that it should be possible to add an approval process to a Queue Topic from a project template. However, I can't find this option in the Queue Topic.

Where can I find this in the Queue Topic section of a project template? For example, we want to set up different approval processes for various Queue Topics.

And secondly, Anthony, I love your idea of having an empty template to attach to projects just for the configuration of the Queue setup on the projects. I think I'm going to steal your idea ;-).

Kind regards,

Femke

Level 10

Hi Femke - Actually you can attach an approval to a template now! A few releases ago, they allowed you to tie a template to a group. Once it is tied to a specific group, you can then use the approval paths for that group on your template :)

0694X00000J3eCwQAJ.png

Level 4

Ah, that does the magic! Thanks for your quick reply!