Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can I filter or group a task report by the assigned user's team. (not home team) OR Can I filter a Grouping to exclude users not within a Team specified?

Level 5

I have a task report that is pulling all of the task for a Team grouped by project. We have sub-teams that we are trying to sort by but the only options in the reporting are Home Team.

So if I have members that are all part of the Fruit Team- (home team).

This report is pulling all tasks for those members.

But I want to either group by specific teams ex Banana, Apple, Pear etc. I did not see a way to group so we thought we would simply make separate reports for each fruit BUT I don't see a way to filter by that team either since it isn't their Home Team.

Am I missing something simple or is this not possible?

Part 2:

Are you able to filter a grouping?

There are some tasks that are assigned to multiple people. Some from my team and some from other teams.

I filtered the report to include anyone from my team and grouped it by assigned user BUT it is making groupings of those names that are from other teams but happened to be assigned to the same task as someone from my team. Is there a way to only make a grouping of users that are part of a specific Team?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Michael Perez‚

Believe you can try assignment report. You can add filter Assignment>>Team ID. Same you can add as column and change ID with name in text mode.

Please refer attach0694X00000HC6KrQAL.jpgment.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 5

Thank You,

I tried this but it isn't pulling the info I need. I need the report to display any tasks assigned to any member of that team not assigned to that team. I added myself to the team, assigned a task to me but that task is not displaying on the report. I will keep trying different things to get it to work. I could probably list all the team members names but then when a user gets added it would not reflect them so I am trying to get it to base off of that team instead.

Level 10

Hi @Michael Perez‚

I also checked with this Task>>Assignments, adding them in your column, then it shows all, the user / jobrole / team name with which the task is connected. I tested it, but the report type is same Assignment report.

Please refer below.

Mvh

Kundan

0694X00000HCC4GQAX.jpg

Community Advisor

I just ran into this dilemma once again. It would be very convenient to be able to use "other teams" more effectively in the same way you can use the home team. I understand if grouping isn't an option since you could have 1 project with 2 people from different teams, but as a filter, this would solve a lot of my issues and I would have another reason to use teams.