Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can I block users from charging to Issues?

Level 4
We use Request Queues that create issues in the system, we typically convert those to Tasks to be worked but sometimes it doesn't quite get there in time. Is there a way to block users from charging to Issues? Or some way to force the user to charge time only at the Task level? Thanks, Aaron
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
I wish there were. I haven’t found a way. Eric

Level 5
Two ideas rename issue time to DO NOT USE. And create an audit/admin report for all hours where the issue id is not blank and reject those hours and have them switch to task hours. On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 1:37 PM Lucas, Eric < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I wish there were. I haven’t found a way. > > > > Eric > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10
Excellent ideas, both of them. We do have a report that runs daily that tells me when someone is charging to issues. I contact the person and have them move the hours. Eric

Level 4
These are the out of the box hour types so I can't rename (but I would if I could). So I think I'm going to be making that report to show all the misplaced hours. And this is just one of my many Timesheet issues. Thanks for all the help, Aaron

Level 4
Just curious, what is everyone's business reason for not charging time to Issues?

Level 8
Our billing rates (and planned revenue) are based on the assignees Job Role, which isn’t an option on the issue level. ________________________________

Level 4
For us it's about the way we report our time. We need to write out some reports that that have custom variables with a calculated "charge number" and we have that variable built for tasks. I know I could copy it for issues but I also need the a certain custom hour type to associated with some hours. We also run a 9-80 work week so we have to split Fridays into AM and PM, that's the custom hour type. So the less places users can charge time the easier it makes my reporting. I know that doesn't sound right, but...