Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calendars: Changing View Format from Days to Weeks or Months

Level 9
Every Calendar I've tried to create is always in Days, which is great if you are managing the project, but not so great if you are reporting to management on the project and it's a multiyear project. Days are too granular. They want to see the gantt in weeks or months so it's all on one page. Please tell me there is a way to make this happen!!! Thanks!
6 Replies

Level 2
Hey Jennifer, On the Calendars tab, you can toggle between Weeks/Months/Gantt by changing the View which is to the left of the calendar name. My default view is Months so maybe there is a way to change the default when a new calendar is created? You could also show a Gantt chart on a report by going to report settings and selecting 'Show this report in a Gantt view by default'. This will automatically populate the Gantt chart when the report is opened. You can then 'Zoom To ..' the level that you'd like (Year, Quarter, Months, etc). We've had several issues with printing the Gantt chart in the past but it seems to work well in the system. Hope that helps! Amanda

Level 9
Hi Amanda - Thanks for the response, unfortunately, I've tried both of those fixes and neither has done exactly what I need. In the situation of the Calendar, I need the Gantt to be Zoomed to Months vs. see the Calendar as a month of days. The Gantt view of the Calendar shows a column for each day and I need it show a column for each month. In the case of the Dashboard showing the Gantt - yes, checking show this report in Gantt view will show the Gantt when you launch the report from a report list, but it won't show it on a dashboard. I need the Gantt to be displayed within the report when the report is launched from within a Dashboard. My report with Gantt works great from a list because of that check box, but I need the Gantt to appear in the Dashboard for management who doesn't want to launch reports individually. Any thoughts? Thanks! Jennifer

Level 10
Hi Jennifer. To meet both your Gantt requirements (and more), I invite you to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UberGantt.png">UberGantt solution, and drop me a line at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com if you'd like more information in addition to the "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubergantt/#1">overview . Regards, Doug

Level 10
Jennifer, do you get these options? See attached image.

Level 9
Hi Susan - For a regular Gantt report - yes. For a Calendar in Gantt View - that is not an option.0690z000007ZiUCAA0.jpg

Level 10
Got it…thanks!