Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated field not calculating

Level 4
Hello, I'm no math whiz, but I think these equations aren't quite right =) I've created a calculated field to subtract the Actual Hours from the Planned Hours to then be able to run a report and give us a metric of Active projects falling out of scope. However, the calculation in that field doesn't seem to make sense when I run the numbers myself. Ex: 21.5-72.75= -3075 doesn't seem accurate. I've also tried a calculated filed to subtract Planned Hours from the Actual Hours. But no dice. Technically, it is pulling out the right projects that fit the bill of being over scoped hours, but it's not giving me the actual hours the project(s) have gone over. What would you recommend in this situation? Many thanks, Lila Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8
Try: SUB(Planned Hours,Actual Hours)/60 Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 7
^ She's right, you know. We store the values of many time fields in minutes, which is why the /60 works. =) Great job Adina, thank you! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
Thank you for the suggestion! We eventually figured out that it was minutes and had the same thought to divide by 60 but no luck. I'll keep exploring. Thank you! Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services

Level 4
DIV(SUB(Planned Hours,Actual Hours),60) doesn't work? ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems