Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculate Percent Complete by Duration When System Setting is Planned Hours

Level 6
We have our system setting set to calculate percent complete based on Planned Hours which works for almost all of our projects. We have a few projects (maybe 1-2%) that we want to calculate the percent complete based on duration. I did suggest to the users that they set the planned hours equal to the duration so the percent complete would be calculated similar to duration but they didn't like that idea and we may use planned hours later for these types of projects. Is there any way to override the way percent complete is calculated for a specific project? Any creative workarounds?
3 Replies

Level 10
Not that I know of. We had to set ours to be based on duration because we have way more than 1-2% that don't have hours and it was really messing things up. I love the idea of it being in the Settings area in Edit Project so that we could decide which way we'd like to calculate that. Do you have that in the Idea Exchange? If so, share the link and I'll upvote that! (If not, also let me know and I'll put it in ;) )

Level 7
And in general, I'd like to have all the global settings available to you at the project level. The globals would set the default, and then you could change them at the project level. For instance, Issue statuses - I'd love to be able to have that project specific.

Level 6
Thanks for the response and confirming! I did just post the idea to the Idea Exchange. Here's the link .