Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

By Project, By User, Planned Hours vs. Actual Hours

Level 2
Any report gurus out there that have a single report/view that will allow me to see the following: by Project, by individual, I would like to see their individual planned hours vs. their actual hours logged. "Assignment" reports will provide me with the planned, but I can't seem to incorporate actuals.
7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rhonda. I don't know of a way you can get a single view or report of what you're after from within Workfront, but would invite you to consider our Capacity Charting solution, which combines Capacity, Planned, and Actual hours into a single chart, such as the sample file I've attached.

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZkCjAAK.png

Level 10
I am having trouble getting Workfront to sum - my hours - look at the column heading - those hours are not Sums. I also need to know why the actual hours are all 0's. I have recalculated the timeline and finances on all of my projects. I can dump this into excel and just sum it - but I want to do it using workfront - do you have a solution?

Level 10
Hi Rhonda, In case you haven't yet seen it, check out the fancy new Utilization Report. A new feature with the R1 release. Regards, David

Level 10
Hi Benetta - make sure you click on the heading for Actual Hours and make sure it is set to Sum.

Level 10

David,

I've done that. Workfront is putting text mode in - not the standard mode. I've attached a screen of it. I have checked and SUM is selected, but it is not giving me a SUM of the planned hours.0690z000007ZiYEAA0.jpg

Level 10
Hi Benetta, The SUM of planned hours will only sum the child-level tasks (not parent tasks). Without seeing your WBS numbers I can't be sure, but from the task names it looks like at least one of them is a parent task, so the grouping row total shouldn't necessarily be a sum of the tasks you see there. Having said that, it should be at least as big as the largest of the tasks shown (and it is not) so that's kind of wierd! I have checked your text mode and it is the same as mine. If nobody else has any ideas, then best if you log a ticket for Support to look at.

Level 10
Using number of children and grouping properly has helped my report and my visual understanding of how this works. Planned hours complete first grouping is still not SUM properly ... But my testing and changing has improved the report even with a few unexpected and unexplained glitches of inconsistency.