Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Best Practices Multiple Projects

Level 4
Hello, I'm the sys admin at our in-house agency and we're trying to come up with a way to reduce BAU, including interactions in WF. The intent is to reduce duplicate efforts and waste. From our POV, while the details of project and timeline management are vital, it does become repetitive and wasteful to click Done with my part over and over again when all like deliverables could live in one place. I've developed this timeline and would appreciate your input. In this scenario, a business partner has requested 4 different deliverables, and the Account Executive will manage them all on one timeline. One major blocker I'm running into is that we'd still like to capture logged hours by individual deliverable, but we also don't want it to be a pain just to log your time. What is your input here? Have you found a way to account for multiple deliverables on one timeline? Or perhaps huge red flags you see in working this way? Thank you, Lila Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services
2 Replies

Level 10
have you run this past your assigned workers? If it works for them, then I guess this would work. I don't know of any team who would want to work this way but then again, I haven't worked with enough companies to see what's out there. So just as an example, if you have 4 assets, your timeline shows that your copy person will develop copy for all four, your design person will design all four, and your proofreading person will proofready all four (within the same task they are assigned). You've already determined it's not possible to log time for all four assets individually, and this kind of thinking will carry its way through the workflow. So if only one of the four needs a change, you need to have a way to indicate which assets are fine and which need to be changed. You need to have a way to indicate how much time is allocated per asset. And so on down the line. At least, that's the understanding I'm getting out of your template. I'm not saying this is wrong, but it's definitely the commitment you need to make and account for: that multiple deliverables need to be in lockstep, and one of them can't advance without all the others. That commitment would show up in agreement from your assigned workers, commitment to train and have process manuals that address this, and clear understanding on how to distinguish between the deliverables that are "ready" vs. "not". -skye

Level 4
Thank you for those callouts, Skye. We've tested a couple different options with a full project and all parties are on board. For our group, 9/10 it's the same person on each asset. It would be unusual for us to split it up, so we'd have 1 writer for everything, same designer etc. And our proofing is outsourced, so they all share the same account/role. For your other points, it's definitely something we need to keep investigating. Our current 1:1 setup has people aggravated. Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services